From:
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2013 09:12:33 -0500
Subject:        DIL Symposium Sep. 23-24: live streaming URL
Date:   Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:51:55 -0500
From:   Lisa Johnston <[log in to unmask]>

Here are details for watching the upcoming Data Information Literacy
(DIL) symposium hosted by the Purdue University Libraries on Sept 23rd
and 24th.

*Watch Live Stream: *http://www.kaltura.com/tiny/i82md
*Twitter hashtag*: #datainfolit

Please note that, although we will make an effort to review the twitter
feed during the symposium, we will be unable to respond to any questions
or comments directly.

*More Information *
The DIL symposium will explore roles for practicing librarians in
teaching competencies in data management and curation to graduate
students.  With support from the Institute of Museum and Library
Services, librarians from Purdue University, Cornell University, the
University of Minnesota and the University of Oregon have investigated
this topic through developing and implementing “data information
literacy” (DIL) instruction programs for graduate students in a range of
science and engineering disciplines.