From:
"J. K. Herro" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 May 1993 16:47:10 EDT
David:
Two makers of hinge locks for file cases (vertical or flat files):

Multi-Lock Inc.
2027 Harpers Way
Torrance, CA  90501
213-320-6400
The make 5 lengths of hinges: 11, 21.5, 33.5, 45 and 56 inches.
They look nice but the longer ones have too much play in them and
bind easily.  The shorter ones are fine and are inexpensive (about
$10 I think).  All hinge pins and welds are covered by a chrome
plated channel, about 1.5 inch wide.

McDowell-Craig Mfg. Co.
13145-T Firestone Blvd.
Norwalk, CA  90650
213-773-3451
We don't have any of their "Swing-A-Way locking bars" in our library
but I have seen them in use elsewhere and though they aren't as good
looking as the Multi-Locks (not plated, riveting exposed) they are
smoother in operation.

Joseph K. Herro
Branner Earth Sciences Library and Map Collection
Stanford, CA  94305
415-725-1103