From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 08:22:56 -0600
Subject:        MAGERT Publications Committee Meeting Invitation - ALA Midwinter
Date:   Fri, 16 Jan 2009 16:29:03 -0500
From:   Hallie Pritchett <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>, <[log in to unmask]>

Hello! The MAGERT Publication Committee Midwinter meeting will be held
from *3-5PM on Saturday, January 24, 2009 in the Colorado Convention
Center, Room 206. *

* *

This meeting is open to all interested parties. Among our topics of
discussion we are particularly looking for input on the future of our
online journal /Coordinates/, our soon-to-be launched MAGERT wiki & the
/Map Collection Security Guidelines/ documents (see attached). If you
have thoughts on these or other Publications Committee-related topics
please join us on the 24^th or contact me directly at [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>.

*Publication Committee Meeting Agenda*

Introductions & call for members

Approval of the minutes from ALA Annual 2008 - available in the
December, 2008 issue of baseline, pgs.8-10
http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/magert/publicationsab/baseline/29_6.pdf

Discussion

    * /baseline/ update
    * MAGERT Map Scanning Registry update//
    * Revision of /Cartographic Citations: A Style Guide/ update//
    * Updating other MAGERT publications/ - /review our publications
      page at
      http://www.ala.org/ala/mgrps/rts/magert/publicationsab/publicationsa.cfm
      //
    * Web site update
    * /Meridian/ digitization project - see test site at
      http://www.libs.uga.edu/maproom/meridian/
    * /Coordinates/ update & discussion - review the site at
      http://www.sunysb.edu/libmap/coordinates.htm
    * MAGERT wiki – what goes on it, who gets access & how, etc.
    * /Map Collection Security Guidelines/ update - see attached
      documents – MAGERT_Security_brochure(2).pdf & Map security
      guidelines 62007 (2).pdf
    * Other topics?

* *

I look forward to seeing everyone in Denver!

Hallie Pritchett – MAGERT Publications Committee Chair

Hallie Pritchett

Map and Federal Regional Depository Librarian

University of Georgia Libraries

Athens, GA 30602

706-542-0690 FAX: 706-583-0631

http://www.libs.uga.edu/maproom/