From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Deborah Natsios <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 16:59:09 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 08 Feb 2002 16:38:07 -0500
From: Deborah Natsios <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Geologic maps of Greece
Sender: Deborah Natsios <[log in to unmask]>

wonder if that's in response to recent terrific piece, below,  in wash post !

Faults Suggest a High Calling for Delphi Priestesses
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A19017-2002Feb4.html

excerpt: " evidence is growing that the priestesses, known as pythia, were
ripped on hydrocarbon gases, especially ethylene, a sometime anesthetic
which, taken in modest doses, can induce lively conversation of a somewhat
incoherent nature."

At 04:15 PM 2/8/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello:
>
>A faculty member in Classics is looking at ruins and the location of
>geologic faults for a class.  So she's looking for the most detailed
>geologic maps she can find of Greece.  I found a couple of 1:50,000 scale
>geologic map sets in OCLC but we're not sure exactly what sheets she needs.
>She's given me the names and latitude and longitude.  I tried looking at the
>index that omni has online but it's not clear enough to read and found an
>index in GeoKatalog but it's all in Greek ( ha!)  and no coordinates.  Here
>is what she's looking for by name and lat/long:
>
>Delphi  38 deg 28' N; 22 deg 30'E
>Nemea 37 deg 48'N;  22 deg 42'E
>Olympia 37 deg 38'N; 21 deg 37'E
>Tegea     37 deg 27'N; 22 deg 25'E
>Corinth   37 deg 54'N; 22 deg 52'E
>Isthmia   37 deg 54'N'; 22 deg 59'E
>Santorini 36 deg 25'N'; 25 deg 25'E
>Myceneu  37 deg 45'N; 22 deg 45'E
>
>If someone can help me out with what sheets we need to request, I'll send an
>ILL through.
>
>Thanks
>
>Chris Kollen
>Chris Kollen
>Social Sciences Team
>University of Arizona Library
>P.O. Box 210055
>Tucson, AZ   85721-0055
>[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>(520) 621-4869

--- End Forwarded Message ---