From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 8 Oct 2008 13:30:53 -0500
Subject:        Re: Map Cabinets - How High?
Date:   Wed, 08 Oct 2008 08:11:42 -1000
From:   Ross Togashi <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Aloha Chris,

It's good to see a good number of responses to this question.

I'd like to add that when we replaced our 200+ map cases that were lost
in our flash flood of 2004, we made sure that the warranty for these new
cases allowed for stacking 4-high in our tight temporary quarters.

When this was first brought up with the manufacturer (before the cases
were ordered), they said that we would be voiding the warranty by
stacking more than 3 map cases.  They later changed their mind, but this
may be an important issue if you have new map cases, or plan on
purchasing some in the future.

If you haven't already done so, a search on the Maps-L Archives will
pull out previous discussions on stacking cases.  Do a word search for:

stacking map cases
floor load
map case weight
"high high the moon"

Good luck on your new floor plan!

Aloha,
Ross

Ross Togashi, Map Technician
University of Hawai`i at Manoa
Hamilton Library
2550 McCarthy Mall
Honolulu, HI   96822
ph. (808) 956-6199     fax (808) 956-5968
email: [log in to unmask]
http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu/index.html