From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2005 16:18:09 -0500
Subject: Bin for Rolled Maps?
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 15:35:49 -0500
From: Weessies, Kathleen <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps and Air Photo Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
I need a better way to store my rolled maps.  Especially since another
100-200 will be arriving with the closing of a branch library.  The
rolled poster and blueprint storage products in the library supply
catalogs are puny and feeble compared to the giant hardware-encrusted
items that need to be tamed.

Right now they are in a couple wardrobe-sized metal cabinets standing up
in cardboard boxes.  Seems like Indiana University has a wooden bin
system, but it has been years since I've been there and my memory is
fuzzy.

I already tried the usual Mayline, etc. route.  I would love to see
photographs and descriptions of rolled-map solutions at other libraries.
  Also anecdotes around having such things custom made and by whom.

Kathleen Weessies
Maps/GIS Librarian
Michigan State University
100 Library W308