Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 2006 08:31:01 -0600
Subject:        Re: MAPS-L: Boston Public Library Missing Maps
Date:   Sat, 18 Nov 2006 16:55:12 -0500 (EST)
From:   Jon Jablonski <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

Indeed, folks at BPL did contact me.  Access is available through services
in Rare Books and Manuscripts.  And I think it's worth it to re-post the
url to the Leventhal Center's excellent webite:
        http://maps.bpl.org/

As more stories emerge from institutions all over the country that have
lost materials, and as I become more familiar with my own collection, I
can't help but imagine how much I'm missing.  I know things have wandered
off.  I know there are items that I'm supposed to have but that I can't
find. It's diheartening.

-jon jablonski
 map/gis librarian.  university of oregon.