From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Apr 2010 09:36:18 -0500
Subject:        RE: OSS map collections
Date:   Fri, 23 Apr 2010 10:28:44 -0400
From:   Grabach, Kenneth A. Mr. <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

This may be more challenging than it sounds, at first blush.  I was at Michigan, 1979-1980, working on my graduate degree in Library Science.  I did an independent study in the Graduate Library Maps department.  A couple of interns from Geography were there while I was doing my study.  What I distinctly remember was their moaning that the University had decided to close the Geography Department, and to discontinue study in that discipline.  I do not know exactly when the closing became effective, but the decision was made in 1980, I believe.

Ken Grabach                           <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                          Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA