From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Jan 2008 14:11:49 -0600
Subject:        Spring WAML meeting in Las Vegas
Date:   Tue, 22 Jan 2008 12:04:51 -0800
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     [log in to unmask]

The spring meeting of the Western Association of Map Libraries (WAML)
will be held at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas, on March 12-15,
2008. The meeting will feature speakers on maps of the Spanish Trail,
mapping flood hazards, and historic maps of southern Nevada. We will
also present demonstrations of a wide format scanner and a rare book
scanner and of different techniques to encapsulate maps, plus there will
be a hands-on map preservation workshop. Attendees will tour the Atomic
Testing Museum, eat at a buffet, have a banquet at a restaurant formerly
owned by Liberace, and have the chance to attend a Cirque du Soleil
show. The field trip will be to Death Valley with a botanist and a
geologist as guides. The website for the meeting is at
http://www.library.unlv.edu/conferences/WAML/, and it can also be
reached from http://www.waml.org/

Registration closes on February 19th and there will be no onsite
registration. There are other events with large numbers of attendees
going on in Las Vegas at that time, so if you would like to attend, it
would be best if you made your hotel and plane reservations as soon as
possible.

If you need a paper registration packet, please email me.

Katherine Rankin
Special Collections and Map Cataloger
University of Nevada, Las Vegas