Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 1994 12:11:59 EST
   The following message is being cross-posted to GOVDOC-L and MAPS-L to
reach a range of likely LandView users of TIGER/Line files.  I apologise for
the duplication to those who subscribe to both lists. -- John

>         Is the Census Bureau going to make corrections to the
>         Landview software available any way other than through the
>         bulletin board?  How about for those who don't use the
>         bulletin board, especially libraries which don't have the
>         capability?
>
>         Kim Ranger
>         Grand Valley State University

   I called the Data User Services Division at the Census Bureau today
to ask whether the corrected LandView software could be included on some yet-
to-be-issued TIGER/Line 1992 CD-ROM.  The corrected software was apparently
included on later discs in the series, and the more recently received discs
should be examined for the corrected software.

   One disc which should contain the corrected LandView software is the
re-issued California (1) disc. Users are advised to check the directories on
the more recently received TIGER/Line discs and use that software with
previously received discs if they do not want to download the corrected
LandView software from the Census-BEA Electronic Forum.

John Stevenson
University of Delaware Library