From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:23:26 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2002 15:13:38 -0500 (EST)
From: Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Purchasing a Globe <fwd>
Sender: Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Brian, Kathy, and others:

Last year I purchased a new globe to replace our 70s vintage, and late 30s
vintage globes.  I selected a Replogle globe, 16-inch (or about 40.5 cm),
purchased from MapLink of Santa Monica, California.

http://www.maplink.com/

This is the Edinburgh, blue ocean.  The same globe comes in 'Antique
Ocean', parchment-toned, as well, called Cambridge.  Their website
indicates it is temporarily out of stock, but is expected soon (April 9).
It is depicted with a wooden pedestal, but I found that unnecessary to
use.  The metal base is sufficient; the globe can be attached directly
onto it.  I have it on the counter top above some shelves of atlases.

I hope this helps.

Ken Grabach                           <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                         Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Johnnie Sutherland wrote:

> [...]

--- End Forwarded Message ---