From:
Joan Zeeb-Roman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jun 1998 16:33:08 EDT
Hello,

Just wanted to thank everyone for all their efforts in trying to locate Arrow,
FL and to let you know the results.  Some people suggested that the place might
actually be "Arran,"  and that the mistake was made due to poor handwriting.  T
his could be, especially since Arran is in the panhandle and the patro
k had said that the place COULD be in the panhandle.  However, on further check
ing, I found an "Aro" FL.  This place is not in current Florida atlases. Howeve
r, I found it in a 1931 Rand McNally Commercial Atlas and also Stielers Hand At
las (1905).  The patron seemed very excited with the "Aro" possibility.  "Aro"
is not in the panhandle, but in Polk County (Central FL).  By any chance, if an
yone is familiar with "Aro" and if it still exists, I know the patron would be
interested.   THANKS!!

Joan Zeeb-Roman
Map Library
Kent State University