Date:
Wed, 5 Jan 1994 17:25:52 EST
This message is forwarded by Larry Cruse.--------------------Johnnie

---------------------------------- Forwarded ----------------------------------
From: Norma Karram at UCSDLIBRARY
Date: 1/4/94 11:58AM
To: Larry Cruse
To: Barry Niman at PERSONNEL
Subject: Re: Campus Tactual Maps
Larry,
          Don't know if you ever get asked the question that this
          e-mail answers but I thought I'd share it with you anyway

Barry,
       FYI
                               Norma

One of the top people in the country in terms of producing campus
tactile maps is Mary Helmsen from Maryland. Mary did her masters
degree in cartography at the University of Md., her thesis
was doing the Md. campus. It is not cheap to do a good campus
map. Mary interviews and walks with the blind students and
really get to know the campus. However if you regard having
a good tactile map as an access tool such as a ramp, power door
or scanner, the cost is reasonable. I have not been in touch
with Mary for awhile, but we have been extremely pleased
with our maps which we have had for several years now.
Her number is:301-942-4149.

--- Saved internet headers (useful for debugging)