From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 11:18:09 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 10:50:43 -0400
From: "John A. Olson" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Sum of AV3.2 and 8.1 question
Sender: "John A. Olson" <[log in to unmask]>

I’d like to thank all those who responded to my query about AV3.2 and
8.1.  The over all consensus is that YES! You can run AV3.2 and 8.1 on
the same machine. Whether it’s stand alone or networked with floating
licenses or not, with or without ArcInfo installed too. It looks like there
are no problems. Here are a few interesting comments received that
might come in helpful to everyone out there.

…Watch out when installing ArcView 8.1 - it will update some of your
windows files.  This will cause some problems with certain releases of
MS Office 2000 (conflicts with SP's). I have provided an answer on the
ArcGIS Desktop forum page on ESRI's website (under the heading
"Conflict with Office 2000 Premium").  Thanks Douglas.

…No problems to report so far, except that ArcView 3.2 can not use the
ArcInfo Press directly any more.  We have to export as eps files and then
run ArcPress from the Program Menu (or shortcut).  Thanks Teri.

… Avenue scripts will not run in AV8.1. They will now have to be written
in Visual Basic.  Thanks Lucinda.

John A. Olson                     [log in to unmask]
Maps/GIS Librarian                T (315) 443-4818
358 Bird Library                  F (315) 443-9510
Syracuse University
Syracuse, NY 13244
--- End Forwarded Message ---