From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2009 10:26:49 -0600
Subject:        Re: historical aerial photos of East Africa (fwd)
Date:   Tue, 03 Nov 2009 10:18:41 -0500
From:   Russell Guy <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & GIS Forum <[log in to unmask]>

The Ordnance Survey's collection of historical aerial photos, which
includes photos of east Africa, were transferred to the British Empire
and Commonwealth Museum in Bristol.

 From the museum's website -
[The Ordnance Survey donated] a large collection covering the
photographic survey of all the former colonies with the accompanying
maps and records. The collection consists of about 1.5 million different
black and white vertical air photographs of survey standard (both
Directorate of Overseas Surveys (DOS) and non-DOS materials generated by
the RAF, USAF, US Navy and various contractors.) The collection dates
from 1946 and goes through to the 1980s.

I do not have the contact person's name but the general contact into is:
British Empire and Commonwealth Museum
Clock Tower Yard
Temple Meads, Bristol, BS1 6QH, UK
+44 117 925 4980
www.empiremuseum.co.uk

<http://www.empiremuseum.co.uk/>Cheers
Russell Guy
Omnimap

At 09:10 AM 11/3/2009, you wrote:
> forwarded ...

Russell Guy                             [log in to unmask]
Omnimap.com                              http://www.omnimap.com
<http://www.omnimap.com/>P.O. Box 2096
        Tel.:  800-742-2677 (USA only)
1004 South Mebane St.                        Tel.:  336-227-8300
(International)
Burlington, NC 27216-2096 USA            Fax:  336-227-3748
      Past President (1996), International Map Trade Association