From:
"Ratliff, Louise" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jan 2018 16:44:52 +0000
Here is the definition of map, from the same source:

Map: A graphic representation, usually on a plane surface and at an established scale, of natural and manmade features on or under the surface of the earth or other planetary body.  The features are positioned as accurately as possible, usually relative to a coordinate reference system.  Also, a graphic representation of a part or the whole of the celestial sphere.

--Louise