From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 May 2006 08:18:36 -0500
Subject:        Humor in the Cataloging Department
Date:   Wed, 3 May 2006 12:32:52 -0400
From:   Stone, Howard <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

I keep a globe next to my desk. It's on a stand about four feet high and
mounted in a meridian circle. I took off my jacket when I arrived at
work this morning and plopped it on top of the meridian circle--it makes
a good coat rack. A colleague saw me do this and without missing a beat
said "Global warming".

This reminded me of another funny incident when I was in the second
grade. The teacher had a very proper Bostonian accent, pronouncing
"nine" like "niyun", "fine" like "fiyun", etc. One day during the
geography lesson she pointed out the Equator on the classroom wall map
and explained that it was an imaginary lion running around the earth. I
believed this for two or three years.

Howard Stone, Map Cataloger, Brown University Library