From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2009 14:37:29 -0600
Subject:        map cataloging subject help needed
Date:   Tue, 17 Feb 2009 13:23:51 -0700
From:   Laura E Wright <[log in to unmask]>
To:     MAPS-L <[log in to unmask]>

I am cataloging a map that shows survey control points (title:
University of Colorado at Boulder survey control diagram), and I am
having a hard time coming up with any relevant subject headings. I have,
so far, determined that “Bench-marks” (which is an established heading)
are not the same as control points. The only valid subject I can come up
with is “Surveying” – but that doesn’t seem particularly useful.

I have tried searching OCLC for similar maps, but using keywords
“survey” and “control” brings up all the USGS topos.

Does anyone have any similar maps? Or enough surveying knowledge to know
of any better headings?

Thanks,

Laura

~~~~~~~~~
Laura Wright
Map Library, University of Colorado at Boulder
184 UCB Boulder, CO 80309

(303) 735-3111
fax: (303) 735-4879

///"Library of Congress Classification: what bookstores would use /

/if they wanted you to find what you're looking for."/
/ --Stephen Wynn/