From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:00:35 -0600
Chris,

Thank you for taking on this very important task. This was something
discussed at the Conference in May of 2005 on the future of map
libraries and I for one am quite please to see MAGERT stepping up to the
plate on this project.

Not everyone on this list will be able to attend the Mid-Winter
conference and so discussion, feedback, comments are welcome on Maps-L.

So, let me begin ... I am curious as to how you plan to obtain the
information from libraries? Will you create some type of an online form?
And then, because many scanning/digitizing projects are ongoing, will
there be a means by which information may be updated? Also, it would be
nice to have a 'field' where information about raw images vs.
georeferenced images can be included.

Angie

ANGIE COPE
American Geographical Society Library
UW Milwaukee
2311 E. Hartford Avenue
Milwaukee, Wisconsin 53201

http://www.uwm.edu/Libraries/AGSL/index.html
Hours: M-F 8:00am-4:30pm
(414)229-6282 / (800)558-8993 (US TOLL FREE) / (414)229-3624 (FAX)