From:
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2012 08:07:46 -0600
Subject: Re: Flickr view of processing AGSL hidden collections
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2012 17:04:13 -0500 (EST)
From: Paige G Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
To: Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Thanks for sharing this with us Angie! One thought comes to mind that is
very important -- as you all go through this cataloging process of your
hidden collections I'm sure you've got plenty of pretty unique (or
totally unique) items; and so by cataloging these in OCLC you are
cooperatively sharing your work with other institutions who will or
might benefit by not having to do the same thing on their end. That's
the beauty of all of us working on cataloging online in OCLC our own
unique materials, the cost for the next instituation needing to do this
goes way down when they happen to have a copy of the same item!

Paige