From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2006 07:42:00 -0500
Subject:        Mount Adams, Indian Heaven, Trapper Creek Wildernesses map 2005
Date:   Thu, 13 Jul 2006 16:38:03 -0700
From:   Matthew Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
To:     <[log in to unmask]>

FYI in case anyone else has this USDA Forest Service map...

Panel title:
Mount Adams Wilderness, Indian Heaven Wilderness, Trapper Creek Wilderness,
Gifford Pinchot National Forest : Washington, 2005

Scale(s) 1:31,680.  3 maps on one sheet, both sides, plastic-treated. ISBN:
1593515308.

While cataloging it I noticed that several of the printed lat/long
coordinates seemed wrong or didn't match the coordinates on the ancillary
USGS topo index maps.  I double checked against our Delorme atlas and
confirmed the errors.

Some questions:

1)For map catalogers: How would you handle this?

2)For public service folks: How, if you were to add it the collection, would
you let users know about the errors?

3)For Gov. Docs. folks: I'm curious to know if anyone knows if a corrected
map might be forthcoming?

Thanks!

Matthew Parsons, Map Librarian/Earth & Space Sciences Librarian
Map Collection and Cartographic Information Services Unit
University of Washington Libraries
Seattle, WA 98195
206-543-9392