From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:25:04 -0500
Subject:        Re: Map cataloging questions from beginning catalogers
Date:   Wed, 07 Oct 2009 15:32:01 -0700
From:   Terry Haugen <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Hi I would catalog this map as a single title and as a map series.
The date of situation would be replaced with a notation about scale.
eg. s___ in the call number. If there are two or more editions use
"Various ed. "  I use Paige Andrew's "Cataloging Sheet Maps" as my
final word when faced with map cataloging questions. Thank you Paige.

 Terry Haugen, MLS
UCSC
Map Room
map Cataloger