From:
Date:
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 07:46:03 -0500
Subject:        hydraulic fracturing
Date:   Tue, 23 Apr 2013 19:12:51 +0000
From:   Elizabeth J Cox <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship
CC:     Jeanne Glaubitz Cross <[log in to unmask]>

Good afternoon, friends! A recent issue of National Geographic had a
very interesting article about hydraulic fracturing or fracking. This
got me wondering what maps we should have available for patrons doing
research on this topic. Would geologic maps suffice? Or are there others
topical maps that we should make sure we have access to in print or online?

I very much appreciate your help with this. Our long-time map librarian
retired last summer, so we are trying to fill in with collection
development as best we can.

Thank you!

Beth

ELIZABETH J. COX

ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR, SPECIAL FORMATS CATALOGER

MORRIS LIBRARY

MAIL CODE 6632

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY

605 AGRICULTURE DRIVE

CARBONDALE, ILLINOIS 62901

P: 618/453-5594

P: 618/453-2372 (alternate, no voice mail)

F: 618/453-3452

http://www.lib.siu.edu