From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:56:25 -0600
Subject:        High-accuracy GPS
Date:   Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:31:18 -0800
From:   Dyallen2 <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Has anybody on this list had experience using high-accuracy GPS? I am
involved in a GIS project with my local botanical garden, which requires
mapping individual plants with sub-meter accuracy. Most systems that do
this seem to cost upwards of $10,000, which is beyond our reach. I
stumbled across some information about a DeLorme product called Blue
Logger GPS, which claims to do this for about $1000. Has anybody had
success using this system, or have other suggestions for low-cost,
high-accuracy GPS?
David Allen
(retired from Stony Brook University, now volunteering for San Diego
Botanic Garden)