From:
"Edward M. Taylor" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward M. Taylor
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 18:47:37 EST
Ms Woods,

It seems as if Baskul is still lost (to me at least).  A worldwide search
(except the US) did not pick up anything by that name.  A geographic
search on the region found "Baskail" as a town in Bangladesh - not quite
the right area.

However, Southern Africans have an affection for Lost Horizons.  There
are two farms listed in Zimbabwe and five farms listed in South Africa
named Shangri La.

You're welcome,

Ed Taylor
GEOname Digital Gazetteer, GDE Systems, Inc.
Home Page: http://www.gdesystems.com/IIS/Slipsheets/GEONAME.html