From:
David Isaak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Jun 2018 19:46:36 -0400
Hello,

Please excuse the cross postings…

I'm reaching out in the hopes that someone may be able to point me in the right direction…

I am working with a researcher trying locate individual-level data on the Department of Interior’s Land Buy-Back Program (https://www.doi.gov/buybackprogram/). Specifically, the researcher would like to do a spatial analysis of whether the proximity of water affects people’s willingness to participate in the program and the value of the property.

The website for the Program only has aggregate data (https://www.doi.gov/sites/doi.gov/files/uploads/table_lbbtn_transactions_through_june_22_2018.pdf) and the FAQ  (https://www.doi.gov/buybackprogram/FAQ) only talks about giving data to Tribes beforehand to aid in decision making on whether to participate (FAQs 32 & 33).

Does anyone have suggestions on where to look for such data or who to contact at DOI? The FAQ mentions a process for the Tribes to get data of names and addresses of landowners (Formal written request, Privacy Act training, NDA), but that is not exactly what my researcher is looking for.

Sincerely,

David Isaak
Data Services Librarian
Reed College