From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2010 08:50:51 -0500
Subject:        New MAGIS Lab & Map Collection Area, New GIS data and MAGIS blog
Date:   Tue, 31 Aug 2010 14:22:21 -1000
From:   G. Salim Mohammed <[log in to unmask]>
To:     WAML <[log in to unmask]>, "Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems
Forum" <[log in to unmask]>, GIS4LIB <[log in to unmask]>

*Apologies in advance for cross postings*

*NEW LAB, SOFTWARE, MAP ROOM, BROCHURE*
Manoa MAGIS (Maps, Aerials & GIS) is pleased to announce the opening of
its new area in the basement of Hamilton Library.  Our maps are all in
one place now and we now have a brand new MAGIS lab featuring 8 GIS
workstations.  The workstations feature ArcGIS, ENVI, MS-Office and
Adobe Creative Suite.

The lab will be open Monday to Thursday, 1-5 when school is in session
for Fall 2010 starting September 6, 2010.

For details on software support, please check out
http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu/common/facilities.html

or download our brochure at:
http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu/common/MAGISatUHMLibrary2010.pdf

*NEW GIS DATA*
To help us commemorate our new (old) area, we have put a set of new
georeferenced maps on-line.  These are much sought after Historical Maps
of Hawaii, 1885-1904. These can be viewed or downloaded here:

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu/gis/georeferenced

*BLOG & Facebook*
We are trying out a few other ways to increase our
on-line presence and to publicize our services, MAGIS now has
has a blog! Please support it by checking it out at:

http://blog.hawaii.edu/magis

We are also on facebook, please friend or "like" us at:
http://bit.ly/magisfb

Last, and perhaps most importantly, we want to thank our
donors who contributed so much to re-build our collection.
Your name is on a poster in the Government Documents &
Maps area and looks like this:

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu/common/UHManoaLibraryThanksItsDonors.pdf

--
G. Salim Mohammed, Maps/GIS Librarian
[log in to unmask] | 808-956-0833

http://magis.manoa.hawaii.edu
http://blog.hawaii.edu/magis

University of Hawai'i at Manoa Library
2550 McCarthy Mall, Honolulu, HI 96822, USA

"Live simply so others can simply live." -Gandhi.