From:
Ted Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Aug 1994 16:44:22 EDT
Hello to ALL from the California Division of Mines and Geology!

We are please to announce that MAPS-L is now being echoed on CDMG
ONLINE, the BBS of the California Division of Mines and Geology, located
in Sacramento, California.  Our users will be able to read and post
replies to this list.

Be advised that we are operating using a temporary address
(cdmg.uucp.netcom.com) that will be altered to cdmg.ca.gov within two
weeks.  When that occurs, we'll sign-off temporarily then sign on with
our new address.  Private e-mail to our posters may be addressed to

The California Division of Mines and Geology is California's State
geological survey.  We have about 150 staff including geologists,
seismologists, and technical support staff of various types (including
our treasured Senior Librarian, Sylvia Bender). CDMG's mission is to
provide information on California's mineral resources and geologic
hazards to governmental agencies, industry, and the public, primarily
for land-use planning and permitting purposes.

CDMG ONLINE is a DOS-based multi-line BBS that is open to the public and
can be reached at 916-327-1208 (8-N-1, 14.4Kbps).  It echoes many sci.*
and related newsgroups as well as GeoInfo Net (geoscience and GIS-
oriented), SurveyNet (land surveying-oriented), and MLPnet (a general
science network) conferences.  The BBS is not yet available via telnet
(but we're working on that and ftp, too-- give us a few months and
we'll offer these types of access).

  -- Ted Smith
     Sysop, CDMG ONLINE
     ([log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask])
---
 * QMPro 1.52 * Unable to locate Coffee -- BBS Operation Halted!
 ~ CDMG ONLINE BBS # Sacramento, California # (916) 327-1208