From:
Susan Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 1995 15:01:02 EDT
This four volume set is used a lot by my GIS and Climatology students.
My hard rock folks don't find it too useful although there are a few
pages on such topics as Analytical and Metamorphic Petrology, Optical
Mineralogy, Igneous Petrogenesis, and Ore Formation.

The real emphasis is on interaction, circulation, distribution -  of
sediments,  of atmospheric, fluid as well as solid, components, of
oceanic tides, of winds and rivers and subsurface activity, etc. -
how they affect the earth and how it, in turn, affects life past and
present.

I recommend it highly.

  Susan Thompson
  ISU Science Library