From:
Angela R Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Feb 2010 09:11:36 -0600
Hi folks,

We released a free "Guide to Nonprofit GIS and Online Mapping" PDF this week, aimed at staff and volunteers of NPOs, NGOs, grassroots groups, voluntary sector organizations, etc. It's chock full of cartography for a good cause, as we say. It's focused on free and low-cost tools and data sources, although the data source section is currently very US-centric. Download at:

http://maptogether.org/nonprofit-mapping

* We're currently seeking feedback on the guide, as well as resources for free and low-cost data and tools that non-profit groups outside the USA might find useful. Please submit your suggestions at:

http://maptogether.org/contact

* We have organizations in Canada and Latin America that have expressed an interest in producing localized versions (Spanish, Portuguese, and French so far!). If you're interested in helping review a future on-English version for accuracy, or if you know of an awesome neogeo/community mapping project outside the US that should be included, please email me off-list.

Thanks, and I hope to meet some of you at WhereCamp this year!

-Jim

The Open Forum on Participatory Geographic Information Systems and Technologies is managed by www.iapad.org and hosted by www.ppgis.net .
You may register to French-, Portuguese- and Spanish speaking chapters of this list via www.ppgis.net .
P GIS/PPGIS related bibliography is found here !
PGIS/PPGIS related literature is found here !
The PGIS/PPGIS Community on LinkedIn is found here !
Follow us on Twitter