Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 13:22:42 -0500
Subject:        MAGERT volunteers need at ALA Membership Pavilion
Date:   Tue, 29 May 2007 13:15:27 -0500
From:   McInroy, Mary R <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps-L <[log in to unmask]>

Please see Sally's request below for volunteers to staff the MAGERT
kiosk, a part of the ALA Membership Pavilion at annual.  Sign up to meet
and greet attendees and tell them all about MAGERT (and maybe to have a
place to rest during conference?)

Mary McInroy
Reference & Library Instruction/ Map Collection
University of Iowa Libraries
Iowa City, IA 52242-1420
(319)335-6247

FAX: (319)335-5900
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

Dear Magert Members,

ALA is almost here!  The membership committee is putting together the
Magert Round Table display space in the ALA Membership Pavilion, a new
exhibiting area for round tables and divisions, and we need your help
staffing it.  As required, our Pavilion kiosk must be staffed by Magert
members.

Please review your schedule, and volunteer for one or more slots.
Members  will need to be present at the Pavilion kiosk during their
shift in order to greet visitors and talk to them about MAGERT, what it
is, how the round table serves the map library and geography
librarianship profession, how people can join, and  encourage people to
come to our programs.

I have suggested a schedule below which is based on the meeting and
program times.  The time slots are not excessively long so folks can
come and go, eat lunch, have fun, etc.   However, feel free to sign up
for many times or let me know when would be more convenient for you!  We
will be flexible!

 Those volunteering early will have the best chance of getting
 their preferred time!   Exhibit days and times are as follows:

 Saturday through Monday:
 9:00-10:00
 10:00-12:00
 12:00-1:30
 1:30-3:30
  3:30-5:00

 Tuesday:
 9:00-10:00
 10:00-12:00
 12:00-3:00

 Please contact me with your available dates and times at

 Thanks for your help everyone!

Sally Bosken
U.S. Naval Observatory/ Library
3450 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W.