From:
Sara Memmott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Dec 1993 14:25:29 EST

I am in charge of our library's collection of GPO depository maps (except
those from Interior.) When I assumed this responsibility, I couldn't find
any documentation on what to do with superseded editions of maps,
specifically these series:
  C 55.418/7:  NOAA Charts
  C 55.418/3:  Airport Obstruction Charts and Data Sheets
  C 55.416/9-2 North Pacific Route Charts
 Our Gov. Docs staff has tried to get an answer from GPO, but they have
not answered repeated queries and the maps continue to pile up...
 So, can those of you at depository libraries let me know what you do with
these?
 Thanks in advance for your help,

     Sara Memmott
     Reference & Research Services, Chester Fritz Library
     University of North Dakota