From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 11:10:41 -0600
Subject:        Graduate Student/Research Assistant
Date:   Tue, 08 Jan 2008 10:23:58 -0800
From:   Amy Lobben <[log in to unmask]>
To:     maps-l

*University of Oregon – Department of Geography
Graduate Student/Research Assistant
*
We are seeking graduate student applicants for our graduate program,
beginning Fall term 2008. We are interested in recruiting a *Graduate
Research Assistant *to assist on a federally-funded project focusing on
spatial cognition, map use, and navigation in both sighted and blind/low
vision populations. The applicant must be accepted to the department
graduate program.

Participation in the project will lead to knowledge and experience in
developing and assessing instrumentation (including analysis of the
reliability and validity of the instrument), developing and conducting
human behavioral experiments, analyzing results, developing and
conducting fMRI instruments and experiments, and analyzing fMRI data.

The student applicant does not need any previous experience with fMRI
methods or experimentation. Though, we are particularly interested in
graduate students with academic interests in human/behavioral geography,
experimental methods, and instrument design (including the use of
software such as Adobe Flash as an instrument delivery method).

The Graduate Program online application deadline is February 1, 2008.
Applicants should submit their departmental application as well as
contact Professor Amy Lobben, Department of Geography - University of
Oregon, 541-346-4566, [log in to unmask]

Amy Lobben 541-346-4566
Department of Geography [log in to unmask]
1251 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1251

http://geography.uoregon.edu/geocog/