From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:55:47 -0500
Subject:        Historic Map Giveaway second notice
Date:   Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:40:55 -0600
From:   Christopher Thiry <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

All,

The following is what is still available from last week's notice.

The following are maps to be given away. Preference will be given to
libraries and museums. Postage reimbursement is REQUIRED!!!

Most of these maps date from WWII and before. We acquired them when the
Air Force Academy closed their Chart Room. The AFA library didn't want
them, so we got them. Originally, many were captured maps from WWII.
 Most were duplicates or triplicates from the Library of Congress. Some
came from the AMS Library in Omaha.

I tried to include some basic series information when I could. Sorry the
order is so weird.

Also, because of the time, I can't look for individual sheets.

Christopher J.J. Thiry
Map Librarian
Colorado School of Mines
1400 Illinois
Golden, CO 80401
p. 303-273-3697
f. 303-273-3199
http://library.mines.edu/

Spain 1:50,000 (old)

Sweden 1:50,000

Sweden 1:100,000

Norway 1:100,000

Norway 1:25,000

Norway 1:50,000

Belgium 1:50,000

Netherlands 1:50,000

Rumania 1:200,000

Cyprus 1:25,000 (Series K817)

Netherlands 1:25,000

MittelEuropa 1:200,000 (German)

Sud & Ost Europa 1:200,000 (German)

Europa (Nord, Mittel, Ost) 1:300,000 (German)

Maroc (Morocco) 1:200,000 (French, small sheets)

Tunisia 1:50,000 (French)

Morocco 1:50,000 (handful)

Belgian Congo (Zaire) 1:5,000 (AMS Z901) (handful)

Algeria 1:20,000 (handful)

Saudi Arabia 1:250,000 (GSGS 1957)

Canada 1:50,000 (land use)