From:
Michael Horner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 17:20:19 EDT
I have a patron trying to find out if there are chloropleth maps of the
world showing various access to high technology.  This is pretty vague, but
if there is anything out there it would prove helpful.
Examples of information I've been given:

Number of computers (personal)
Number of Internet users by type (personal, business, government, education)
Number of Internet providers
Satellite access (probably number of dishes).
Number of telephones
Residential units with access to electricity
Residential units with radios
Residential units with televisions

It may be enough just to find this as statistical data.  If anyone has
sources or leads please e-mail me directly.
I'll share results with the list.

Michael J. Horner
National Geographic Society
Map Library