Date:
Thu, 18 Jul 1996 08:26:20 EDT
A patron has seen "somewhere" "recently" a map of the United States in
which the size of each state was determined by its relative population,
not by its actual geographic area.  It made for an extremely distored
looking map.  She thinks it may have been in an "encyclopedia" or a
magazine article or ???  Does anyone happen to have seen this same
graphic who can remember where it might have been?  Several of us at the
reference desk have been digging around in anything plausible (and some
places not so plausible) and we are really striking out.

Thanks in advance for any clues you may be able to offer.

Sandy Housley
Reference Coordinator
San Diego County Library,  Vista Branch
619-945-5116   EXT 605