From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2010 14:25:15 -0500
Subject:        Arcade Fire and Google Earth
Date:   Wed, 13 Oct 2010 12:18:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:   Julie Sweetkind-Singer <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Air Photo Maps, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

Hi, all,

My apologies if I'm late to the dance and this was on Maps-L before.  I
don't remember seeing it.

The music group Arcade Fire teamed with Google to create an interactive
movie based upon address location.  They ask you to put in the street
address of your house from when you were a child and then play the
movie.  As it progresses, the guy runs closer and closer to your street
until he's in front of your house using Google Streetview.  I had to use
my current residence as the town I grew up in is too small to have
Streetview done.

They do say that you need to download Google Chrome.  I did this and so
don't know if it works with other browsers.

Here's where to go: http://www.thewildernessdowntown.com/ .

Best,

Julie

***
Julie Sweetkind-Singer
Assistant Director of Geospatial, Cartographic and Scientific Data &
Services
Acting Head Librarian
Branner Earth Sciences Library & Map Collections
Stanford University
397 Panama Mall; MC 2211
Stanford, CA 94305
(650)725-1102