From:
Mary Anne Waltz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 1993 14:11:53 EDT
We would appreciate reference assistance from some one with a larger
collection in place name and/or Pennsylvania history materials.  A faculty
member is researching the borough of Orbisonia, Huntington County, in Pa.
He would like the basics: date founded, origin of name (Orbison family?),
early industry (coal? iron?).  We have found nothing in the two place name
books on Pa. that we have, or in a dozen or so Pa. histories we have searched.
(We have no Pa. county histories, unfortunately.)

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Mary Anne Waltz
Head, Maps and Government Information Dept.
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, NY  13244-2010
internet   [log in to unmask]
bitnet     [log in to unmask]