Date:
Fri, 7 Sep 2007 11:17:30 -0500
Subject:        Upper Canada Map Society Fall Meeting Schedule
Date:   Fri, 7 Sep 2007 09:30:45 -0400 (EDT)
From:   [log in to unmask]

All,

Please note the following upcoming events of the Upper Canada Map Society.

Our next meeting will be on Wednesday September 19th at 6.00 p.m. at the
University of Toronto Robarts Library,Room 4049, 130 St. George Street,
Toronto.

The guest speaker will be PHD candidate Lauren Beck who will be speaking on

"Map Signs as Political Tools on Early Maps of the Americas".

We anticipate an interesting talk and lively discussion with a lot of
visuals representations to illustrate the circumstances addressed.

Also on Wednesday October 17th at 5.00 SHARP we have a tour booked at the
City of Toronto Archives 255 Spadina Road (north of Dupont).  Archive
staff will give a tour of the facility and exhibit of some of their
cartographic holdings.

As the Archives are normally closed to the general public at that time, we
have been requested to submit a list of registered attendees and to arrive
at the Archives no later than 4.50 pm.  We will be sending out a reminder
at the beginning of October.

Anyone wishing to attend this meeting is requested to email the Upper
Canada Map Society at [log in to unmask], to register your name. We will
need your name and  & telephone number in order to register your
attendance.  It’s first come first serve so don’t leave it to the last
moment!

Rick Laprairie
Ministry of Natural Resources
Policy and Planing Coordination Branch