From:
Date:
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 15:21:30 -0400
Michele,

Yesterday, I sent an answer to your metadata SQL database question.
Looks like Maps-L moderator refused to publish the answer.

Here is what I wrote:

I have published FGDC XML style metadata using ArcIMS Metadata Server,
ArcSDE, and SQL Server. If you have set up all this components correctly
then publishing a metadata is very simple. You need to connect to
Metadata Server through ArcCatalog Internet Servers (if you are using
ArcCatalog 8.3). Once you have get connected to the Metadata Server then
you can copy the metadata record and paste on the Metadata Server.

When you pasted the metadata record on the Metadata Server you are in
fact storing metadata record in the SQL server through ArcSDE.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.
-Wangyal

Tsering Wangyal Shawa
Geographic Information Systems Librarian
Head, Digital Map and Geospatial Information Center
Geosciences and Map Library
Guyot Hall, Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08544
Phone: (609) 258-6804