From:
Angie Cope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Nov 2010 11:45:04 -0600
Subject: RE:Need 1861  map of Baltimore
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 09:25:53 -0800
From: Diaz, Carlos <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

Have you tried the Library of Congress' American Memory's Map
collection?  It can be found at:

        http://memory.loc.gov/ammem/browse/ListSome.php?category=Maps

They did have a birdsyeve view of Baltimore from 1869, a map of the
Baltimore and Ohio RR with its branches and connections from 1878, and
an 1860 map of the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad and its principal
connecting lines uniting all parts of the East & West to name a few.

Bookmark this website, it is a must source of maps.

All I did was type "Baltimore" on the search engine and it gave me 182
entries.

Carlos A. Diaz
Daniel J. Evans Library
The Evergreen State College