From:
Sugandha Johar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Aug 1996 15:51:22 EDT
Hi everyone,
Ihave joined this list today, and hope you guys will help me solve the
problem that has bedevilled me for months. I am an archaeologist working
on the western Indian sea ports, and am using GIS as one of the tools for
my research. However, as there is no digitised data available for the
area, and as Govt. of India refuses to sell me the original maps, I have
decided to digitise photocopies of the earlier series of 1inch :1 mile
series of the pre-independence India.

But none of these maps have any geodetic information, including what type
of projections are used to create these maps. Can someone help me ?

Also, if there is any one out there who is working on something similar,
I propose that we could exchange our data and save duplicationg of work.

Any takers ?

Thanks

Sugandha