SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Christian Friis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christian Friis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2018 06:13:43 -0400
Dear shorebird enthusiasts,

We've posted summaries for each of our three remote field camps for 13-30 July. As additional reports are received we will be posting to our website.

Highlights from the this period include Ruff, confirmed breeding Marbled Godwit, influxes of adults Semipalmated Sandpipers during the period, first juveniles of many of our migrants, and many Lesser Yellowlegs affixed with GPS transmitters. On the passerine side, Black-billed Cuckoo at all camps is a surprise. Check out the summaries for more details.
https://www.jamesbayshorebirdproject.com/seasonsummaries/
Stay tuned!

      Christian Friis
Canadian Wildlife Service