SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Christian Friis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christian Friis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2017 20:27:14 -0400
Dear Birders,

The James Bay shorebird project is in its final of four sessions, and crews have been in the field since 15 July when we opened two remote camps, Longridge Point and Little Piskwamish Point. Northbluff Point field camp opened on the 30th. Below is a link to the summary from all three camps from 14 to 29 August 2017. A final summary from each camp will be posted later this month. Crews close camps on 13 September and begin the journey home.

Please check out our Facebook page for the latest, https://www.facebook.com/jamesbayshorebirdproject/. For more details about the project, check out our website https://www.jamesbayshorebirdproject.com/.

In case you missed it, Jean Iron has updated her website with summaries and photos from her two week stint (and ninth year volunteering for the project!) here:
http://jeaniron.ca/2017/JB17/p1.htm

Good birding,
          Christian

Christian Friis

Wildlife Biologist, Canadian Wildlife Service
Environment and Climate Change Canada / Government of Canada
[log in to unmask] / Tel: 416.739.4908

biologiste de la faune, Service canadien de la faune
Environnement et Changement Climatique Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
[log in to unmask] / Tél. : 416.739.4908