SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
William Hull <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Hull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2012 22:05:50 -0400
I found a Semipalmated Sandpiper with a yellow flag on its right leg
(bird's frame of reference) today, in a flooded field in Newtown,
Hamilton County, Ohio, USA.  Unfortunately I could not get close
enough to read any codes.  The field is private property that is
scoped from across a street that borders the property.  Crossing the
street onto the property itself would most likely result in flushing
the birds.
Cheers,
Bill Hull
Cincinnati, OH, USA