I have a patron who is looking for maps showing the distribution of telephone lines in the early 20th Century in the United States.

He has seen the map on the David Rumsey site (www.davidrumsey.com) which is entitled Lines and Metallic Circuit Connections and has been told about a 1909 map entitled Lines of the Bell Telephone Companies. Does anyone have something similar in their collection?

While I have search OCLC and found a number of items I was surprised that I hadn't found more frequent coverage cataloged. While I was initially searching for U.S. level coverages, some of the items focus on regional or state coverage instead. Some of the records were for road maps which apparently indicated telephone and telegraph lines but I'm not sure if the patron is actually interested in distribution at that level.

Thanks, Joanne Perry
             Maps Librarian, Penn State Univ