--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 11:52:17 -0700
From: Linda Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Cram dating code
Sender: Linda Zellmer <[log in to unmask]>

Hello All,

        When Rich Boardman's message came across Maps-L the other day, I
first checked the Map Dates Section of the Map Librarians Toolbox.  When I
did not notice anything on dating Cram Maps, I decided to e-mail the George
F. Cram Company.  My message reached a very helpful young lady (named
Cindy), who went and asked around the office for information.  Phil
McDaniel, a long time employee of the company, offered the following
solution for the Baltimore Map:

The Cram Date code is normally preceded by the letters "CR" and is followed
by some numbers.  These numbers denote the month and year the map was
published.  Thus the Baltimore Map was published in June of 1954.  I will be
adding this to the other date information collected by Phil Hoehn on the
WAML Map Librarian's Toolbox.

Linda Zellmer

Linda Zellmer
Maps Librarian