My administration has asked me to comment on the potential pluses and
minuses of outsourced map cataloging for our library (as an adjunct to
in-library map cataloging).

I would appreciate hearing about any of the following:

(a) vendors available for outsourcing of map cataloging

(b) actual experience with vendors -especially OCLC TechPro

(c) success, problems, and satisfaction/dissatisfaction with outsourced map
cataloging

(d) cost effectiveness

(e) best candidates (types of maps) for outsourced map cataloging

Thanks for your assistance,
Harry Davis

Harry O. Davis                       <> Phone:    618-453-2705
Map and Assistant Science Librarian  <> FAX:      618-453-2704
Morris Library / MS 6632
Southern Illinois University         <> Internet: [log in to unmask]
Carbondale, Illinois 62901