MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005
From:  "Maura O'Connor" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Records to Pieces Ratio
Message
Jenny
It largely depends on how you are cataloguing your collection.  At the NLA we aim to catalogue all the sheets in series, providing individual records for those in the Australian series.  Some series do not lend themselves to this type of treatment however, so a collection level record only will appear.  For our overseas series we only do collection level records.  I would estimate about two-thirds of our collection are maps in series, so I will leave you and/or others to work out the proportions on that one!
Yours sincerely
Maura O'Connor
Map Curator
National Library of Australia