MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005
From: Paige Andrew <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Conference is "full"!
All,

The Map and Geographic Information Collections in Transition conference, to be held at the Mumford Room, Library of Congress (Madison Bldg.) on May 12 & 13, 2005 has reached its capacity. We are really excited to be able to host 150 people (plus speakers, sponsors, etc.) at this two-day event that will bring together individuals from university map/GIS/geospatial collections, government agencies who produce and/or disseminate all forms of geospatial data, map companies, and other interested parties to hear, understand, even change the future of map/geographic collections! This promises to be an exciting event, and the members of the Cartographic Users Advisory Council, responsible for launching and hosting this meeting, look forward to bringing a diverse group together for open communication about our geospatial data and collections.

If you are still interested in attending I am going to start a "waiting list" because there is bound to be a small number of individuals who cannot attend at the last minute. Simply email me at [log in to unmask] and I'll get you on the list and keep you informed.

Thanks to all who have registered to date (and the couple who are in the process of doing so as of today) and I'm looking forward to meeting many new acquaintances in May!

Sincerely,

Paige Andrew
CUAC Treasurer and Conference Registration Coordinator

-